It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Custormer portal access

Hello,

I have a project in jira servicedesk linked to Confluence Knowledge base.  Customer permission is "Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal"

I review documentation from jira servicedesk but I not sure if I can configure it to allow users to access customer anonymously without register to search over knowledge base and only login/register if they need to ask a cuestion.

Regards,

Natalia

2 answers

Hi @csuc,

You will be able to manage the knowledge base article view based on the access you provide in the Knowledgebase configuration.

Config.png

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Priyanka

Hi Priyanka,

when I configure projects knwoledge base I haven't this option.

It shows that the confluence space is public and viewable by anyone.

knowledgebase.png

But when I try to access to customer portal I need to register.

Regards,

Natalia

Hi @csuc,

If possible can you please share the screenshot of the customer portal page where it's asking user to register.

Regards,

Priyanka

Hi 

When I try to access to customer portal https://servicedesk.csuc.cat/servicedesk/customer/portal/10 a login page is showed.

I attach an screenshot:

login.png

Regards, 

Natalia

Hi @csuc,

Can you please check the customer permissions in the global JIRA ServiceDesk configuration.

Global.png

You will be able to manage if the customers can access and send requests from help center without logging in. But. please note that this is a global level configuration.

Regards,

Priyanka

Hi,

here my customer permissions for the project:

project_permissions.png

My  JIRA Service Desk configuration:

JIRA_Service_Desk_configuration.png

And global permissions:

global_permissions.png

Regards,

Hi Priyanka,

can you review my previous comment?

Regards,

Natalia

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jun 04, 2018

@csuc, unsure if i'm following or not but customers must log into the portal to be able to access the KB articles. Anonymously just allows non-Confluence users to access content.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

270 views 0 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you