Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custormer portal access

csuc May 25, 2018

Hello,

I have a project in jira servicedesk linked to Confluence Knowledge base.  Customer permission is "Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal"

I review documentation from jira servicedesk but I not sure if I can configure it to allow users to access customer anonymously without register to search over knowledge base and only login/register if they need to ask a cuestion.

Regards,

Natalia

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2018

@csuc, unsure if i'm following or not but customers must log into the portal to be able to access the KB articles. Anonymously just allows non-Confluence users to access content.

0 votes
Deleted user May 25, 2018

Hi @csuc,

You will be able to manage the knowledge base article view based on the access you provide in the Knowledgebase configuration.

Config.png

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Priyanka

csuc May 28, 2018

Hi Priyanka,

when I configure projects knwoledge base I haven't this option.

It shows that the confluence space is public and viewable by anyone.

knowledgebase.png

But when I try to access to customer portal I need to register.

Regards,

Natalia

Deleted user May 28, 2018

Hi @csuc,

If possible can you please share the screenshot of the customer portal page where it's asking user to register.

Regards,

Priyanka

csuc May 28, 2018

Hi 

When I try to access to customer portal https://servicedesk.csuc.cat/servicedesk/customer/portal/10 a login page is showed.

I attach an screenshot:

login.png

Regards, 

Natalia

Deleted user May 28, 2018

Hi @csuc,

Can you please check the customer permissions in the global JIRA ServiceDesk configuration.

Global.png

You will be able to manage if the customers can access and send requests from help center without logging in. But. please note that this is a global level configuration.

Regards,

Priyanka

csuc May 28, 2018

Hi,

here my customer permissions for the project:

project_permissions.png

My  JIRA Service Desk configuration:

JIRA_Service_Desk_configuration.png

And global permissions:

global_permissions.png

Regards,

csuc June 4, 2018