Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing the look and feel for Jira Service Desk Change management - Cloud Version

ap nair March 27, 2020

We are trying to implement change management through Jira SD. However, we see there is a predefined change management options, but they are still unable to fulfil my requirements. What would you suggest if I wanted to create a new change management active workflow through Jira and help me in completing this. As of now I am trying the trail version to check will this be a suitable platform to bring up my change management process flow.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2020

Hello @ap nair

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understand that you have tested the "Change" issue type and the standard workflow provided by Jira Service desk, however, it didn't achieve all the requirements you need for your change management process. Is that correct?

Can you let us know if you are using a Classic or Next-gen Service desk?

In fact, Jira Classic workflows are totally customizable to achieve any steps and processes you need. you can check the documentation below to know more details on how you can configure a change management workflow:

Using JIRA for Change Management 

Can you please check if the link above provides you with the specific features you are looking for?

P.S: Since the pre-existing workflow for Change management have probably many features you will use, I suggest you start by copying it in a new workflow and them performing the relevant changes you need under Jira settings > Issues > Workflows:

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 18.04.15.png

If you have any specific steps that you were not able to achieve, please let us know so we can provide you with any specific instructions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events