Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Text Content of Alert

James_Mclellan August 24, 2017

Is it possible to customize the content of the message that is sent when an alert message is generated? 

For example, what the message I receive now is - 

ACME Automation mentioned you on ACME-1

Re: My Super Important Ticket

This issue requires your attention.

15 answers

8 votes
Chris Headford May 14, 2018

This would be a very useful feature, as at the moment the messages do not mean much 

2 votes
Viktor Bekkerman April 26, 2019

To solve the custom message issue with alerts, we are using comment with @mention instead. Such comments could be customized any way we like and they could be Internal or External.

Basically, comment feature works exactly the same as alert, meaning it leaves a comment on the ticket and, because users are @mentioned", it sends an email to them.

My hope was that alert can send an Instant Message to @mentioned users, but so far it is unclear if IM is possible.

1 vote
ITS Support July 25, 2019

We need this too!

Have an automation rule that sends email alerts on a customer line down issue - and need the email to stand out from the others to indicate urgency. 

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2017

@James_Mclellan,

I need more info in order to direct you properly.

You can edit the templates for customer notifications here - Project > Project Settings > Customer Notifications

You can use the Automation feature to create unique notifications to individuals, customers, groups.

James_Mclellan August 25, 2017

Thanks @Jack Brickey!

I'm looking to change the alert, not the Customer Notification. In my specific use case, when an urgent Service Desk ticket is received, I'd like to raise an alert so that supervisors are aware of the problem.

The feedback I've gotten is that the alert text is not specific enough for them to understand what the call to action is. If I could customize the text of the alert, that might help.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2017

@James_Mclellan,

sorry my brain is working on other issues here but what do you mean by "alert" drawing a blank at the moment. Can you provide more info on where this alert is configured?

Maybe it is an Automation rule you have? If so simply edit the automation rule or Create an automation rule.

James_Mclellan August 30, 2017

@Jack Brickey, no problem.

In this project's Automation rule, under the THEN block is an 'Alert user' action, which provides a list of users to alert when the IF condition is met (in this case, creation of a high priority issue).

The 'Alert user' action takes, as arguments, a list of specific users to alert that the highe priority issue is received.

What I would like to do is be able to customize the text of the message these users receive, so that it's easier for the users to understand.

0 votes
Siraj Berry October 18, 2020

why it feels like jira cloud is useless? i cannot find anything that helps me finishing my asst on jira cloud.. everything is already either answered or asked on jira desk and no answers on the cloud!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2020

@Siraj Berry is there some specific concern that the Community might help you with? There are certainly many questions and good answers in the Community.

0 votes
ITS Support September 19, 2019

This feature request heading in the right direction:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4466

0 votes
David Willson July 12, 2019

We want to beable to customize the message sent as well. Our technicians are on the road and want to see more context of a issue, just the title is not really enough. It would be nice to see the description as well. Anyone else solve this problem in another way?

I'm assuming that if we had development resources we could make this work, but from reading this discussion it doesn't look like it comes that way out of the box.

0 votes
Jeff Santos February 27, 2019

Same situation here!

Once our primary language is not english, it affects us even more, considering that the users will only receive an english message currently.

Hey atlassian team, is there any related issue gathering interest?

Thanks!

0 votes
Chris Headford February 21, 2019

Seem we are getting a lot of requests for this feature but no repose from Atlassian, come on tell us if its would at least be possible

0 votes
David Jones February 12, 2019

Another request for this.  I either need to be able to customer the "Alert User", or I need to have more options under "Send Email" to be able to list individuals, not just send an email to Customers.

0 votes
Trent Weaver September 14, 2018

Yet another JSD consumer that could really use this feature. We have multiple teams within same JSD project separated by components, queues and notification. Automation rules seem to be the best way to route things but the current alert is quite useless. Can't really use notifications unless we want to spam other teams.

Can we get an answer from Atlassian on feasibility now or future to customize the alert (i.e.. add reporter, priority, created date, status, issue type, description) ? Basically, what you see on a create notification as a reporter.

Stan Hayes January 16, 2019

I really need to be able to do this also.  I need for alerts to stand out with a custom email so that it doesn't get lost when and issue is escalated.  

0 votes
Piyush Wason August 7, 2018

I doubt this is a feasible feature on Jira Cloud. But, I need this one badly.

0 votes
Måns Serneke August 6, 2018

In the same boat as well. It would be very nice to add a template to that you could format the message to include the topic, creator etc. As it is now cour custom alerts for different incident types all look the same accept the "subject" and you have to click it to see the topic, reporter etc.

0 votes
Dina Goncharenko February 16, 2018

I am in the same boat. Users started sending me emails replying "You have my attention!" What else do you expect when they get an email which only says 'This issue requires your attention'. 

How do I customize this message? Anyone?

0 votes
Tony Mackin August 31, 2017

I'd like to see this one answered as well....  have same situation,  the email someone recieves when the automation is triggered to send an ID and "alert"  isn't clear.    I'd like to customer the email subject and content to say something like Respond required or Ticket Assigned to your Group and needs action.    

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events