Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize Customer portal without Third party plugin.

Eduardo_Pascoal November 28, 2019

Hi,
This is related with : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/How-to-customize-the-customer-portal-and-help-center/qaq-p/829569

as it was mentioned on the top link the best way is through  a third party plugin. I wonder if there is another way on how perform  a direct  and simple CSS modification.

My case scenario is just to improve the css of my front page so the Popular side bar doesn't get truncated for larger strings. Or maybe changing the Boxed style for Full width style.

Capture.PNG

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2019

Hi @Eduardo_Pascoal if you are on cloud you can't do such thing.

Eduardo_Pascoal November 28, 2019

Hi @Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group  thank you and what about if is on host? In  fact I have a hosted scenario. There is any documentation on how to perform such modification following JIRA good pratices?

Cheers,

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2019

Well the good practice would be to use an add-on. There should be files that you can tweak to have your view but I wouldn't recommend it. Keep in mind that as you upgrade your environment you will need to reflect the changes all over again and the way to do it might change from time to time. Add-ons work better since all the upgrades and changes on the environment shouldn't be reflected in changes on what you did as part of the customization. If the issue is the cost, we as partners can help you save a few bucks when buying it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events