Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customising the customer portal

Patricia July 24, 2018

We currently are on Jira Service Desk Cloud and would like our customers to be able to view tickets and also create via the portal. We noticed however, under their view, they are able to see all other groups of tickets that they could raise that may only be related to our internal works and not meant for the customer.

(e.g. Customer should be able to see only:

Service Desk - Query

Service Desk - Incident

but they also see

Internal - Create an account

Internal - Technical help

etc.)

Is there a way we can block what is irrelevant to them?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2018

I recommend you have separate projects for internal vs. external customers.

Patricia July 24, 2018

Hello Jack,

Then would there be a way to consolidate reporting and service desk views on created tickets etc?

Thank you.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2018

Sure. You could create a dashboard, filter(s), Kanban boards etc that included all projects if desired. However, you can use the built in project’s reports as they are limited to the current project. There likely are som good reporting addons as well.

Patricia July 24, 2018

Thank you Jack. I guess the only drama now is to clone the projects! Not sure if that is even possible.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2018

There are ways to simplify the process and I suggest you search the community as you will find answers. However, unless you schemes, workflows, permissions, etc. are very complex I would simply create new issues and either move issues or, if you have a lot of issues to move, export them to CSP and import into the new project then delete from the old. Consider which project will result in the least amount of work for you obviously. 

Patricia July 25, 2018

Thank you Jack. Will check on the available options out there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events