Customers getting redirected to help center-/portal-landing page when opening a shared request

Dominik July 13, 2017

Hi!

I've probably missed some permission setting..

Anyway, here's my problem (example):
I am a service desk agent and receive a ticket from customer A, which I'd like to share with customer B.
Therefore, I click on the share-button, specify customer B. Customer B receives a notification per mail, opens the link, which should take him to the issue. However, he gets redirected to the help center-landing page instead.

If I'm checking customber B's profile @ portal I'm not seeing any (shared) requests either.

erwagfear.png

What setting am I missing?

Here's a screenshot of the service desk project browse-permissions:

erwagfear.png

SD customers should have the ability to browse the project and its issues.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Cheers,
Dominik

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dominik July 13, 2017

Hi Susan,

customer permissions are set to Any customer or organization, by searching in this project, see:

fdagsdfg.png

First thing I made sure is set correctly.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2017

And this is all in a single service desk? 

Dominik July 13, 2017

No, coupled with JIRA Software. Sorry, if I haven't mentioned this in my initial post!

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2017

This is all happening in a single service desk?  Do you have any issue security turned on?

Dominik July 13, 2017

Yes, single SD.

And no, haven't turned on issue sec. Would it be required in my case? If so, how would you set it up?

Rather new to JIRA SW and JIRA SD, by the way, still learning!

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2017

No Issue Security isn't required.  Can you send a screenshot of the request/issue.  Can you clearly see that Customer B is being shared?

Dominik July 13, 2017

Okay, something's wrong here.

When sharing an issue as SD agent from the project/issue view --> customer B can't browse it.

Receives following link:
http://link.to.jira/browse/XXX-76

When sharing while viewing the actual customer request, customer B is added to the list and is able to browse the issue.

Receives following link:
http://link.to.jira/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/XXX-76

Or is this intended behaviour?

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2017

I believe that is the intended behaviour. 

Dominik July 13, 2017

Ya, after I saw I could successfully share the request through the customer portal I guess it's intended.

I'm guessing sharing through SD agent view is meant for internal use.

Thank you for your help though! You put me on the right track at least!

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2017

Great, can you mark this as answered.

Dominik July 16, 2017

Done!

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2017

Hi Dominik,

What did you set the Customer Permissions to?  You might need to ensure that Who Customers share requests with is set to "Any customer or organization"

Mine are set like this:

image.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events