Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers cannot close tickets on JIRA service desk

John Haworth May 10, 2019

Hi 

We've invested quote a lot of time building custom workflows for our company service desk 

At each step customers have options to transition tickets through the workflow 

The last step of our workflow is "tested on live environment signed off, and has the transition to close ticket

We've enabled the service desk permissions for close ticket for Service desk customer - portal access

The client can see this transition in the portal and click it 

However its blocked from transitioning (loading cartwheel of death)

When I use the permissions helper I'm told:

The user must have a JIRA Service Desk license and Service Desk Agent permission on this project.

Does anyone have a solution that doesn't involve spending $56000 on user lisence just so clients can make this one transition. 

It seems almost deceptive to have a permissions scheme that would allow us to enable a permission to allow customers to close tickets and then overide it.

4 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2019
1 vote
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2019

Hi John,

We recently had a similar problem.  I raised it to Atlassian support and eventually we found it was due to an old custom filed with multiple contexts and the way the contexts had been applied on JIra 4.6 (yes we started there), it had messed up the custom field and that led to the transition failing on the portal. 

A couple of things to check.  See if you have any validators or conditions on the transition that you have set on the portal.  Those are still applicable and see if there is anything that might block that transition.  IS there a validator that says something about permissions?

Is there anything in the post-function other than transitioning the issue that might want more permissions (e.g. creating a linked issue).

Check the web console and see if you can see a java error.  That's how we discovered ours.

Can you reproduce the problem?  Or is it only customers?

That's a start.

Susan

1 vote
John Haworth May 13, 2019

Thanks @Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ and @Sebastian Krzewiński 

I found 2 things which didn't seem right, you each nudged me in the right direction so Kudos all round. Not sure which one fixed it so for the benefit of future queries I've written up both. 

1) On the "signed off on live" transition which had the close ticket resolution the transition property servicedesk.customer.transition.resolution was set to 1 when it should be  10000

2) The transition used a screen scheme that used "Resolution" which is not visible to clients in the portal. I created a blank scheme and applied the resolution using the post function above. 

I've run a test and it seems to be working 

0 votes
Jimi Vandermost May 17, 2022

PUBLISH YOUR DRAFT!!!!!! My team was stuck on this for days. Click publish and it will work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events