It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Customers are unable to see the description of a case if the case is of type defect

Hi,

External users have been unable to see their descriptions once we make a case a defect in service desk. Is there a setting for this? this did not used to be an issue. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz Atlassian Team Thursday

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When this issue happens, where the description is not shown in the portal, usually the request type is empty.

By default, when the request type is empty the ticket won't show in the portal, but we've seen cases that when a ticket is moved, the issue type is changed, the ticket will be visible, but not the description.

Please, check the request type of the ticket and if it's empty, just select one and check the ticket in the portal again to check if it works.

Regards,
Angélica

Hi Angelica,

Thank you so much i missed that you're the best. 

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Hi Angelica,

So it looks like the issue is due to the "Defect" ticket type not having a request type that is view-able to the client. Is there anyway to make it view-able without showing that ticket type to the client. Or do i have to show an external request type for ticket type of defect. 

Angélica Luz Atlassian Team 5 hours ago

Hi Christopher,

You can create the request type and let it hidden from the portal. So, when you move the ticket, you can set this request type.

Screen Recording 2019-12-09 at 11.04 AM.gif

When the request type is hidden, customers can't create tickets, but they will be able to see the ticket on their requests' list.

Regards,
Angélica

Hi Angelica,

I did try this and they are able to see them in their queues however they are unable to see the description and any attachments. is there a way to keep it hidden so that they are unable to submit a ticket of that type while also allowing them to continue to see the description. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

982 views 3 13
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you