Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer unable to submit issue

Gem Duffy-McCormack October 4, 2019

I have a customer who is trying to log an issue on service desk and after completing all required fields, she has dragged and dropped a number of images. The screen has frozen for her and has an orange dotted border around the screen. There is also a message in an orange box in the middle of the screen stating 'Drop files to attach them to your request'. Everything else is greyed out and she can't cancel or submit the request. She's worried about losing everything she's written if she refreshes the page. Any suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes
Adam Gillespie October 17, 2019

I have a user with the same issue and included a screenshot below.

The user is a service desk customer and is submitting a form via the Service Desk portal. The user can fill out the form normally. But when the user drags an image to drop onto the ticket, it uploads the file, but then freezes on this screen. 

I did some digging. For us, this only happens if the user is a service desk customer. If I try using my account (a service technician) then this doesn't happen. 

Snag_51900ead.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2019

Hi Adam, 

Thank you for the details and screenshot.

Is this issue happening on a specific browser? Did you test using the same one as the customer?

Please, ask them to open the developer tools on the browser to check if there is any other error.

Regards,
Angélica

Adam Gillespie October 18, 2019

This was happening on my test device (Chromebook) in a Chrome browser and also on the user's (Window 10) Chrome browser. 

When the end user went back to check for errors in the developer console, the issue didn't occur for him again. It seems that the issue somehow resolved itself. I'm not sure if this issue requires any more review from Atlassian's side. But because we cannot reproduce the error to gather more information, I am content to let the issue go for now.

Thanks for your help! 

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2019

I'm glad that everything is working!

If this issue happens again, please, send the information here and we can continue investigating.

Adam Gillespie October 30, 2019

The error came back. The end-user was able to get a screenshot of the console errors. Please see below:

JSD-Error-with -Console.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
November 4, 2019

Hi Adam,

Thank you for the screenshot.

I'm still unable to replicate the issue on my site. 

Is this user using some extension on the browser? Can they test using incognito mode or disabling the extensions on Chrome?

Also, is it happening with a specific issue type and attachment?

Regards,
Angélica

Gem Duffy-McCormack November 7, 2019

Hi Angelica,

The user who reported this has been on leave, hence my silence.

She's back now and has experienced the problem again this morning whilst trying to upload a png file (317KB) to an Issue type ticket.

GoogleExtensions.PNG

She's sent me the attached screenshot of the extensions on Chrome. She also tried on Incognito and it worked fine for her.

I'm aware the customer has intermittent wifi issues so could it be down to connectivity problems? 

Best regards,

Gem

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
November 8, 2019

Thank you for the information, Gemma.

As it’s working when using incognito, maybe some of the extensions are blocking. 

If possible, ask her to disable the extensions one by one and test which one will allow her to add the attachments.

Also, check the developer tools in the browser to check more details about the error.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 8, 2019

Hi Gemma,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just for us to better understand and help you with this issue, would it be possible to send us a screenshot showing this screen that has no cancel button?

Would it also be possible if you try to create an issue following the same steps as her in order to test?

Please, ask her to open the developer tools on the browser while creating the ticket to check if it shows any error.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events