Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer token expired - how do I get them a new sign-up email?

audrey_bay September 7, 2017

I added a bunch of customers awhile back and some people did not sign-up right away so they are reaching out to me because their token has expired. I deleted them as a customer, re-added - still no sign-up email. I deleted them again, reindexed, re-added - still no sign-up email. How do I push a new sign-up email to a customer? This is really frustrating.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2017

cloud or server? in Cloud and I thought server. for anyone that never has logged in there should be a "resend" link to the far right of their name.

Cloud, there is no option to resend, just remove.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2017

ok so. what does a customer see if they hit the login page. i'm wondering if they get a reset password option. I haven't run into this in awhile so unsure.

when you delete an readd are you doing this from the project page or user management/portal only?

I don't believe they are getting a reset password option. I'm doing this from the project page and not the portal. I'm the Service Desk admin.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2017

scratching my head a bit on this one. maybe try adding a new customer that represents say at test gmail account just to see if the signup email is created.

Or, go into user management and verify the user is gone and then "Create user" unchecking any application access. 

i need to work on some other things and will be out of pocket for a few hours likely. will get back to this asap.

She definitely got the original sign-up email, but just never clicked on the link when it was originally sent. I imagine that link expires after some time. She receives "Token is either expired or not valid" message on the portal page and can't do anything else. Deleting and re-adding doesn't trigger a new email. Neither does a re-index.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2017

@audrey_bay, unsure why this is occurring. without seeing it firsthand at this point I'm unsure how to help. From everything I have seen deleting and re-adding should result in email invite. I would suggest opening a support ticket w/ Atlassian as I'm sure they can assist.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events