Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service desk should view all issues

idcware July 15, 2014

Hi all,

I use Service Desk for one of my customers.

It is a good plugin very useful.

Currently, when my customer create issue from JIRA service desk, they can view their issues only.

I would they can see any issue on the project (all issues).

I tried to change permission scheme and I give lot of rights to service desk customer as browse project, create comment .. but impossible to see all issues in Customer portal.

I also tried to create a custom workflow : when every body create issue on jira, the issue take the customer jira account as reporter. It works fine but even if the reporter is the customer, he can't see the issues on portal.

The goal is that my developers can create issue (so dev as reporter) from JIRA (not Service Desk) and the customer can see these issues.

It is a blocking problem and it will determine whether or not I use JIRA Service Desk.

I thank you for your help.

Best regards,

idcware

3 answers

0 votes
Mary Jo Carroll July 16, 2014

Hi,

Oh, in those cases, the reason they don't see the issues is because when issues submitted outside the Customer Portal, the Customer Request Type field does not get populated.

Here is a pretty good discussion, with a possible workaround: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/308468/what-s-the-best-way-to-handle-service-desk-requests-submitted-outside-the-customer-portal

0 votes
idcware July 16, 2014

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

You confirm one of my fear.
But I am curious to understand why customer does not see the issues created by other on JIRA and set with this customer as reporter by workflow. (in my opinion, "my issues" = all issues with reporter = currentUser )
Strange for me.
Thanks
0 votes
Mary Jo Carroll July 16, 2014

Hi,

The customer portal is locked down so that a user can only see their own requests. Any user in the Service Desk Customer role can view any issues in the Service Desk Project, but if they only use the Customer Portal, they won't be able to see anyone else's issues.

See https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/297955/is-there-any-feature-provided-from-jira-to-view-the-request-of-one-group-or-department-rather-than-only-default-my-requests-on-the-customer-portal-of-service-desk

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events