cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer portal for several projects

fmonthel_arrowstreetcapital_com December 30, 2019

Hi

I put in place Jira Service Desk and we will have maybe 10 SD projects

I'm struggling how to expose properly to our endusers/customers all the request types we could have created in our  X SD projects

For example, I have :

- 1 SD project for the helpdesk (L1/L2) that will owned 70% of request types

- 1 SD project for Infra team (L3) that will owned 5% of request types (that could not be managed by Helpdesk)

- 1 SD project for DBA team (L3) that will owned 5% of request types (that could not be managed by Helpdesk)

- etc

How, on enduser perspective, i can expose 1 customer portal for the x SD projects without leveraging search engine or without clicking on DBA customer portal (for example) to find if something can meet my request

Thanks you

4 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2019

You should have a single project with all request types for your customers. Setup specific Queues for you different agent teams based upon Request types. 

fmonthel_arrowstreetcapital_com January 2, 2020

If i have 200 IT people it will be the mess no :) ?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2020

Not sure why it would have to be. The number of IT in and of itself doesn’t dictate how many projects. Projects should represent unique bodies of work with different agents IMO.

fmonthel_arrowstreetcapital_com January 15, 2020

So if we have helpdesk team, network team, infra team, database team it should be 1 project ?

0 votes

Thanks you for all your answers

So i have let's say 3 boards / 3 teams :

- Helpdesk to manage the IT L1 and L2 tasks

- Infra team to manage L3 tasks of network/servers etc

- DBA team to manage L3 tasks of databases

Each boards will have specific catalogs. Infra team will have few service catalog that we know it's not delegated to helpdesk. (for example docker install is managed by Infra L3 teams and not helpdesk). Same for DBA. I do not want that the enduser looking in each service catalog of the 3 teams to know where is the template to request docker install... (they didnt care if it's managed by L1 or L3 team)

So looks like the best way with Service Desk is to have only 1 IT Service catalog ? No way to have consolidated one for the 3 teams (if request group name is the same in the 3 boards, service desk will expose all the request of this group that could come from the 3 teams)

I do not want as well to have 1 service desk project for all the IT guys...

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 31, 2019

Hi @fmonthel_arrowstreetcapital_com  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What is the difference in the Service Desks Projects? Why would a user go to one of the projects versus another one? How is it determined who which project gets the request?

Expertise level. Helpdesk will manage L1/L2, Database team will manage L3 database requests, etc 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2020

Who decides if the request is L1 or L2 or L3? The User?

fmonthel_arrowstreetcapital_com January 7, 2020

@johnfunk : it will be the type of request. Some request are managed by Helpdesk, others by Infra L3 teams

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2020

So, still not sure if I follow you. Are you saying there are multiple Request Types, and based on the Request Types, then a particular team is assigned to the request?

fmonthel_arrowstreetcapital_com January 15, 2020

Yes

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2020

I would set up a single Portal with multiple Request Types - each one attached to the appropriate Issue Type. 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 31, 2019

I assume you're clear regarding Help Center and Customer Portal. Thus, set up several service desk projects is a common use case. In short, when you have more than one JSD project and you want to restrict access to one or more of your portals and, consequently, their request types, you should configure their permissions accordingly.

Also, it depends on how your instance has been configured among other factors. You can take a look at Customizing Jira Service Desk permissions and its related content.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events