cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer portal access without signing up for an account

Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2017

How do I setup my service desk so that when customer try to create a request they don't have to sign up?

This my current setting for Customer Permission:

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 11.39.10 AM.png

However when I try to access the portal from another pc I get this screen:

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 11.41.03 AM.png

How do I make the portal appear with request type without having to sign up for an account?

Current version: 3.6.4

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2017

Hi there,

Your users will need to have an account in order to report an issue. If they email the service desk without an account, then it will automatically create an account for them if you have Public Signup Enabled.

Have a look at this feature request, however, that would ask for a user not to have an account in order to view the Customer Portal:

You can vote on it to show your support for the feature, but there's also a survey in the summary at the top that you can fill out and help explain to us how you'll require this feature to work.

Thank you for your support!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2017

So this feature is not available on server yet. We have a cloud JSD and it let customer view the portal without having to login first. I've already voted for the ticket and filled out the survey. Thanks for the answer!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2017

Thanks! It's true; Service Desk Cloud has a few different features than Server, but we hope to improve that to better fit our customers' workflows.

Happy that you were able to fill out the survey to provide us the required details.

Take care and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events