Customer portal access without signing up for an account

Nguyen Tran Community Champion Oct 16, 2017

How do I setup my service desk so that when customer try to create a request they don't have to sign up?

This my current setting for Customer Permission:

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 11.39.10 AM.png

However when I try to access the portal from another pc I get this screen:

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 11.41.03 AM.png

How do I make the portal appear with request type without having to sign up for an account?

Current version: 3.6.4

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi there,

Your users will need to have an account in order to report an issue. If they email the service desk without an account, then it will automatically create an account for them if you have Public Signup Enabled.

Have a look at this feature request, however, that would ask for a user not to have an account in order to view the Customer Portal:

You can vote on it to show your support for the feature, but there's also a survey in the summary at the top that you can fill out and help explain to us how you'll require this feature to work.

Thank you for your support!

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Nguyen Tran Community Champion Oct 17, 2017

So this feature is not available on server yet. We have a cloud JSD and it let customer view the portal without having to login first. I've already voted for the ticket and filled out the survey. Thanks for the answer!

Thanks! It's true; Service Desk Cloud has a few different features than Server, but we hope to improve that to better fit our customers' workflows.

Happy that you were able to fill out the survey to provide us the required details.

Take care and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

575 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you