Customer portal access (internal Employees) - Setting up "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access"

Denning Coates December 14, 2017

I'm an Atlassian admin at my organization, but JSD I am least knowledgeable on.  We simply want to email our employees a link to our Portal site, so that they can create a specific request.  However, for non JSD Agents or Admins, it's prompting them to log in and create an account.  They all have JIRA accounts already.  We just want to grant Create Issue / Browse Project permissions to our own employees so they can create JSD requests through the portal instead of emailing requests in.

Per the JSD documentation: "The permissions for customers must be granted to the Service Desk Customer - Portal Access security type, not the Service Desk Customers role. The Portal Access security type lets customers access the customer portal, but not Jira. The security type reads the role to determine who are customers."

How does one navigate to the Service Desk Customer - Portal Access security type??

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2017

Hi Denning,

Go to Administration -> Issues -> Permission schemes and select a permission scheme you need. From there your can grant a permission to different user groups/project roles/single users etc. So among these grantees you will find 'Service Desk Customer - Portal Access'

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events