Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer portal: How to hide a field from issue creation form but visible once created?

Yannick GROSSET August 28, 2017

Hello,

I'd like to get the "Fix version" field visible to my customers when they view an existing issue (i.e. my support team will fill this field after analysing the ticket), but I don't want to get this field displayed in the customer issue creation form.

If I add this field to customer portal Request type (Request type > Edit fields > Add a field) then it is displayed to the end user when declaring a new ticket which is not relevant.

Thanks for your help!

Yannick

2 answers

0 votes
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2017

Hi Yannick,

A workaround, until the improvement @Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ mentioned is implemented, might be to include the field on the Request but hide it and auto-fill it with a place-holder value like "change-me" or "triage".  This way, the field is part of the issue and visibile after creation but not visible during.  We use this frequently where I work and it's effective (though not necessarily elegant).

Yannick GROSSET September 4, 2017

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your help.

I have tried this workaround but the hidden field (with default value) is not displayed on the Customer Portal Issue view. It is only displayed on my agent Issue view (even if I do not add it as an hidden field to the customer form).

The only fields visible to customers are Title, Description, Status and the different actions (Don't notify me, Share, Escalate, ...).

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

My apologies Yannick - this works for internal Jira users but not for external JSD customers.  The only solution for that is to use the add-on @Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ suggested.  --Larry

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 28, 2017

Hi

That's not currently possible in Service Desk.  Please vote for JSDSERVER-1107

I believe that Add-on - Extensions for Service Desk will allow you to display a field that is not on the create screen.

Susan

Yannick GROSSET September 4, 2017

Hi Susan, thanks for your answer. I've voted for it!

Yannick

Ruben September 5, 2018

@Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ Do you know where to find the option to show a field on the view screen that isn't on the creation screen? I have the addon, but I can't find it anywhere. 

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2018

Hi Ruben,

Under Visibility - Fields in Project Settings.

Put the field on the create screen and then use this to hide it...

Cheers,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events