Customer notifications Templates different between admins and customers

Jamel Boustaoui October 18, 2017

Hi,

I have configured a template for the email notification with a specific design.

When a costumer open a ticket, this customer receive an email with the right template.

But the Service Desk team receives an email with a Jira design, and not the design configured in the project.

I don't understand why.

Screenshot attached :

temp1 : configuration on the project

temp1.png

temp2 : email design received by the IT Team

temp2.png

temp3 : email design received by the customer

temp3.png

Thank you !

Jamel

2 answers

0 votes
Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2017

Hi @Jamel Boustaoui,

In order for your agent to receive similar email notifications as your customers, they need to create their requests from the portal and not from Jira using the standard Create button.

Hi Georges,

the problem is that when a ticket is opened by a customer, I want to IT Team to receive the same notification template, and not a different one.

Do you know if it's possible ?

Thank you both

Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2017

Hi @Jamel Boustaoui,

This is possible if you want to change the velocity templates of the email notifications. Note that this will change the templates for all projects and not just one.

All templates can be found under these directories:

1. jira-installation-directory\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\subject
  2. jira-installation-directory\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\text
  3. jira-installation-directory\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\html

Where you need to change the needed vm template. After the change is done, you need to restart Jira. 

Don't forget to take backups prior to any change.

sorry but I'm using the cloud version

Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2017

OK, thank you for your advice. I will check that but it's a headache... and we have 250 users, so 400$ per month more :)

Thank you for your time, Georges

Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2017

No worries @Jamel Boustaoui, I would like also to suggest this add-on as it will provide in-app notifications for Jira and you don't have to worry about email notifications for agents :) . Currently it is only available for server but will soon be released for cloud and for sure it won't cost a lot.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.infosysta.jira.in-app-and-desktop-notifications-for-jira/server/overview

Jamel Boustaoui October 19, 2017

Thank you Georges

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2017

@Jamel Boustaoui, the Customer Notifications go to users defined as customers. The notifications received by users with application access (agents, admins) receive the standard notifications as defined under the “Notifications” settings. 

ok thank you,

I don't find "notifications" settings for the agents

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events