Customer notifications Templates different between admins and customers Edited

Hi,

I have configured a template for the email notification with a specific design.

When a costumer open a ticket, this customer receive an email with the right template.

But the Service Desk team receives an email with a Jira design, and not the design configured in the project.

I don't understand why.

Screenshot attached :

temp1 : configuration on the project

temp1.png

temp2 : email design received by the IT Team

temp2.png

temp3 : email design received by the customer

temp3.png

Thank you !

Jamel

2 answers

0 vote
Jack Brickey Community Champion Oct 18, 2017

@Jamel Boustaoui, the Customer Notifications go to users defined as customers. The notifications received by users with application access (agents, admins) receive the standard notifications as defined under the “Notifications” settings. 

ok thank you,

I don't find "notifications" settings for the agents

Hi @Jamel Boustaoui,

In order for your agent to receive similar email notifications as your customers, they need to create their requests from the portal and not from Jira using the standard Create button.

Hi Georges,

the problem is that when a ticket is opened by a customer, I want to IT Team to receive the same notification template, and not a different one.

Do you know if it's possible ?

Thank you both

Hi @Jamel Boustaoui,

This is possible if you want to change the velocity templates of the email notifications. Note that this will change the templates for all projects and not just one.

All templates can be found under these directories:

1. jira-installation-directory\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\subject
  2. jira-installation-directory\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\text
  3. jira-installation-directory\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\html

Where you need to change the needed vm template. After the change is done, you need to restart Jira. 

Don't forget to take backups prior to any change.

sorry but I'm using the cloud version

OK, thank you for your advice. I will check that but it's a headache... and we have 250 users, so 400$ per month more :)

Thank you for your time, Georges

No worries @Jamel Boustaoui, I would like also to suggest this add-on as it will provide in-app notifications for Jira and you don't have to worry about email notifications for agents :) . Currently it is only available for server but will soon be released for cloud and for sure it won't cost a lot.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.infosysta.jira.in-app-and-desktop-notifications-for-jira/server/overview

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

798 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you