Customer not able to access specific service desk.

John Weidmann July 31, 2019

One of our customers was given access to a specific project and was able to add request tickets no problem. She came back a few weeks later and now getting the error "You don't have access to any service desks"

I verified shes still part of the customers in our project. Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2019

my guess would be that she may be coming in from a different email address. To test that she indeed has access try to use Raise a request on behalf of her.

Thanks jack love the avatar!

That doesn't look like the case as I did create a ticket on her behalf successfully. The email matches exactly between, the ticket, project > customers, and her sign in creds.

I actually got her password and tried to sign in my self with her credentials to verify her findings. It's interesting because if you go under "requests" when shes signed in. You can see "created by me", "org", "all" but if you try to filter by "created by me" nothing shows.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2019

so she can log into the portal that is good but you are saying she cannot create an issue from the portal? Can she via email? Can you create on her behalf via application?

Yes - she can log into our help center that's when she immediately sees "you don't have access"

I'm not sure how to create tickets via email. But she did receive the verification email when I created a ticket on her behalf. Yes I created a ticket on her behalf via web app under my account.

Brian Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2019

Check the customer permissions in the project. What are they set to?
Is she listed under "customers" in the project?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events