Customer login for Jira Service Desk.

Chris December 6, 2017

I am looking at Jira Service Desk, for a customer support portal. I wonder if it is possible, that I can create different credentials/logins for different customers. So that they can log in and post their questions, while keeping their questions only to themselves (invisible to other customers).  Because normally the questions from my customers will be confidential, and don't want to share with others.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2017

@Chris, yes that is the way it works by default unless you set it up to share w/in an Organization. Each Customer (user) has their own credentials. 

Chris December 12, 2017

Thanks. But I've created a few logins, but all of them are used for agent. I am wondering how I can set up set up longins for my customers.

Thanks.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2017

cloud or server?

When you add (invite) a Customer they receive an email that has a link for them to complete their account setup (password). You add customer via: Project > Customers > Add Customer and enter their email.

Like Harald Frey likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events