Customer gets a notification email when he responds to a ticket - how do I turn that off?

Jill Streur March 29, 2019

I have a customer that does not want to receive a notification email with his response in it every time he responds to a ticket.  Is there a way for me to remove these specific notifications for all of my customers?  I want them to get the initial email letting them know that we got their request, and also a notification when I respond, or when the ticket is complete.

Is there a way to choose what notifications go out for what transactions?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 vote
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2019

Hi @Jill Streur 

This knowledge base article may help you change customer notificatio s in your service desk.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/managing-service-desk-notifications-732528936.html

Also in the portal there is a ‘Do Not Notify’ button on the request display the customer can use

0 votes
Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2019

HI @Jill Streur  we can do this in some  ways in Jira

1) If your users who is working in that Particular Project if they dont want notfications at all just remove the notification Scheme which is assigned to that Project assigne the Notification Scheme an empty events one.

2)  If you want Notification On Particular Trantions You have to Create a Custom "Events" and Select the Template Issue Update and In notification scheme in that Cstom Event add the Group or Users. and Got to WorkFlow Post-function you have a Generic Post function  Update that. 

When that Transition got executed in that Notification Custom Even if You select Group list it will send the email Notifications to those group users.

3) Or You can disable the Incoming Email and Auto Watch by Going to User Profile

you will See an Option "Preference" if you click edit Option it open a Screen in that you will Find the "Auto Watch" and "My Changes" if you disable  you wont get any notifications at all from the Whole Jira Projects. This Should have to do every Individual users.

Thanks,

Kumar

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events