Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer comment in customer notification

Arjan Slingerland January 9, 2018

Hello,

I'm installing and configuring a new Jira Service Desk, but I've come up to a problem and Google won't help me.

I'm trying to get the customer's last comment in the customer notification e-mail.

Let me walk you through my process.

1. My customer creates a new issue by sending a mail to our service desk.
2. I send a reply to the customer. In my customized customer notification I created some sort of 'quote' so the customer knows what I'm replying to. (to this point it's working great)
3. The customer has feedback on the issue and replies to my reply.
4. I send a final reply to the customer. This should now be a reply to the last comment, not to the issue description.

This is how it's configured right now. I understand why this is wrong, but how should I achieve what I want?
https://www.screencast.com/t/zIfZ9Iy15T

As you can see the ${issue.description} should be replaced by something that fills in the customer last comment.

If there's anything not clear, please feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2018

Hi Arjan,

Unfortunately there is no pre-defined variable for customer comments, or any coments for that matter which you can use in your notification templates. 

We've been struggling with the same issue, when we first started implementing JSD in our company. However we've managed to resolve this issue using Email This Issue add-on. It gives you a MUCH more flexible way to set up your templates, among other neat stuff.

Blake Bradley December 17, 2018

Has there been any development on this, or is the add-on really the only way to have comment threads in email responses? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events