Customer cannot access Jira Service Desk after installing purchased license

Jean Marois December 9, 2014

We were evaluating JIRA Service Desk, and it was working fine, but once we purchased and installed the license, Service Desk prompted us to "Migrate Permission Scheme", which associated a new permission scheme with the project. Afterwards, external users were unable to log into the Customer Portal. They get a permission denied error.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jean Marois December 11, 2014

Hi Matthew,

Turns out it was the licence I got when I purchased the plugin. The evaluation licence was a version 2 licence, but the one I received was a version 1 licence. The v1 licence reconfigured my service desk projects which were initially setup with a  v2 licence permission scheme.

The Akkadian support team were fantastic, They quickly found the root of the problem and got me a new licence.

0 votes
maccamlc_old_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2014

Hi Jean,

Could you please check the access settings for your Service Desk, under Service Desk settings -> People -> Customers, and ensure that the Service Desk is configured so "Everyone can access".

0 votes
Jean Marois December 9, 2014

We are using Service Desk 2.1.1 on JIRA 6.3.10 with Crowd 2.7.0

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events