Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service Vs IT Service Desk Template

Rinju Mukherjee August 3, 2017

Hello Experts,

We would like to use JIRA service desk to support our customers. While I was trying to create first project in JIRA service desk, it gave me three template options: Basic Service Desk, IT service Desk and customer service desk. Based on the description, Customer Service Desk looks appropriate for our requirement. But in the description of IT service desk, it was mentioned that it comes with ITIL inspired workflows. Does it mean that customer service desk template is not inspired by ITIL?

While we need to use this tool to support our customers, but our processes have to be ITIL compliant. Please suggest which template shall I use?

Do let me know in case you want to me provide further details from my side. Thanks

Rinju  

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2017

@Rinju Mukherjee, hopefully we have an ITIL certified Community member that can chime in here as I would like to learn more too. ;-)

Given that the provided templates are all based upon the same infrastructure and you have the ability to modify the workflow either would be considered ITIL 'inspired'. To make them ITIL compliant that may take some modifications. My recommendation would be to read this Atlassian documentation - Problem Management as well as other ITIL internet sites to create the workflow that meets your need and allows you to be compliant.

My recommendation, or what I would do, is to start with the Customer Service Desk. You can always create two test projects of the various types and spend a day trialing them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events