Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Satisfaction Changes

Lisa Tritt May 23, 2019

I have an API in place for submitting tickets via proprietary software.  This required setting up of a default user.  This user is placed in the "Reporter" field.  I have a separate field for "Requester Email".  Is there a way to either have the Reporter field automatically update to the value in Requester Email or to have the Satisfaction Survey send to the Requester Email rather than Reporter?

Thank you

3 answers

0 votes
Lisa Tritt May 29, 2019

I have a follow up to this question.  I will be receiving tickets from potentially hundreds of users who should not be added in as Jira users.  How can I reply to tickets from these users if they are not entered into the system?  I thought I had it worked out in testing, but must have used a test user who is actually set up in the system.  I tried my first live ticket today and could not even manually put the email address from the requested email field into the reported by field because the person isn't configured as a user.

Thanks

0 votes
Lisa Tritt May 23, 2019

Thank you very much.  I will look into this.

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2019

Sounds good. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask and the company that makes the add on, CodeBarrel has a great support team as well. 

Also, if my answer does end up solving your problem, make sure to mark it as answered so other people know that this is resolved! 

0 votes
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2019

Hey @Lisa Tritt 

There is not an OOB solution that I know of but if you are open to addons I have a great solution for you.

There is an add on called Automation for Jira. It's an incredible tool that expands on the stock automation JSD has. You could use this tool to copy the value from the custom field "Requester Email" into the Reporter field. 

Automation for Jira has two versions. One is free but they limit you to only 300 automations run per month. That sounds like a lot but once you start really using the add on, you will eventually go through the 300.

The other version is paid and it does not limit how many automations you can run a month. Linked below are both versions and a link to their "Rule Playground" where you can see how the add on functions without installing it.  

Free

Paid

Rule Playground

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events