Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Portal

rzh535 December 5, 2018

Hello folks, I am currently working on setting up a Jira Helpdesk. Since our company us relatively small and only serves a few major customers, we have decided to create a project for each customer. But now we have the problem that customers who come to our homepage can see all other customers or “Projects”, which looks unprofessional, if they press for example the “Browse all” button. If someone knows how and if this can be changed, I ask for a quick answer.

Yours sincerely

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2018

Hi @rzh535

are you grouping your customers into Organisations?

have you set any customer permissions in the projects?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/project-customer-permissions-954239155.html

I’ll check my set up when I reach my desk

rzh535 December 5, 2018

Hello @Tom Lister,

I am currently in Training and therefore unfortunately have very Little experience with Jira. What exactly do you mean by "grouping your customers into Organisations"?

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2018

Hi @rzh535

welcome to the community 

Service desk allows you do define organisations and then add your customers 

try some of these articles and come back with questions as you go

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2016/09/group-customers-in-organisations

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-service-desk-users-732528877.html

rzh535 December 5, 2018

Hello again @Tom Lister,

The first problem I encountered is that I cannot find any global customer permissions under Jira settings>Applications>Jira Service Desk>Configuration. (See Appendix)JiraGlobalPermission.PNG

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2018

Hi

My knowledge relates to server rather than cloud

on server install

For customer permissions:

Go to project

Click on 'cog', bottom left

Go to customer permissions. 

For organisations:

Go to project 

click on customers icon - near top left

then create organisations to group your customers

You then be able to restrict customer sharing to their own organisations

Are you server or cloud?

rzh535 December 5, 2018

We use a Server. I just updated Jira to the latest Version and will give Feedback if that fixed my Problem

P.S The organizations you mentioned helped a lot, thanks for that. :)

Like Tom Lister likes this
rzh535 December 5, 2018

OK so I've updated the Jira Servicedesk to the latest Version, but the global Customer Permissions still dont Show up, as shown in the Atlassian Tutorial. Am I doing something wrong?jiracustomerpermission.PNG

rzh535 December 5, 2018

ok so it turns out im just too lazy to read. The tutorial Shows how to set up global customer permissions on a Cloud based Service Desk.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events