Customer Portal

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2019

Hi,

where i can add or edit customer portal , when user raise request after that what fields will appear and what will be hidden. Where can i customize such settings.

1 answer

0 votes
Boyan Angelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2019

Hi Sarmad,

Can you be more specific what the user should see or be hidden after the request is created? Do you want to customize the issue view to show or hide fields, or the "My Requests" report page?

Cheers,

Boyan

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2019

Hello Sir,

I am confused in issue type and request type fields. As when i what to edit fields in request type they are different.

Also i need to customize the the "My Requests" report page

And Service desk agent view page

Hope my question is clear and i will get help form your side.

Boyan Angelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2019

Hello,

When you setup your requests for the Portal, you can select which fields to be shown when request is created. After the request is created, if the customer opens it he will see some fields values, comments, etc., but you cannot change that. You can also not change what the users see on "My Requests" page. There are apps that allow you to modify what the users see, but you will have to select which one will work for you depending on your needs.

Cheers,

Boyan

Like Fahad Siddiqui likes this
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2019

Hi,

can you please name some apps which are commonly used and also are easily integrated with JIRA?

Regards,

Michał Sztuka August 27, 2019

Hi Sarmad

We at Deviniti are working on applications that extend the capabilities of the Jira Service Desk, one of them is the My Requests Extension, which among other features allows you to specify columns visibility rules.

As regards selecting fields shown on the request details view, you will find such feature in the Extension for Jira Service Desk. In our apps, you can find many more features that are certainly worth paying attention to, so I encourage you to take a look at them.

Cheers,
Michał

Like Fahad Siddiqui likes this
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2019

Thanks a lot for sharing this information

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events