Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Portal only displays tickets when "Any Status" is selected and I can't set that as default

Aaron Watkins April 5, 2018

When our outside users (customers) go to the Customer Portal and view "My Requests" or "All Requests", the Status field defaults to "Open requests" which displays no tickets. "Closed requests" also displays no tickets. The user has to switch to "Any Status" to see their tickets.

1. How can I update the portal so that "Open" and "Closed" tickets are displayed?

2. How can I update the portal to have the status default to "Any Status"?

Thanks,

Aaron

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2018

Hi Aaron.

This is very odd. First off, for a ticket to be displayed on the portal at all it should have its 'customer request type' field filled, so you might wanna double check your issues.

As for 'Opened' and 'Closed' tickets, it's rather simple. A ticket is considered 'Opened' if it has no resolution set. If it does have a resolution set, then it'll be displayed in the 'Closed' section.

Hope this clarifies.

Aaron Watkins April 10, 2018

Thanks for following up Ivan! I do have the request types populated and there are no resolutions set. The tickets only show up when I select "Any status".

Also...I just created a new ticket which also does not show up under Requests unless I have "Any status" selected.

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2018

Could you post some screenshots of this behaviour? Perhaps I'm missing something here.

In Requests, with Open requests selected, no tickets are displayed...

2018-04-10_11-05-24.jpg

Closed requests selected, no tickets displayed...

2018-04-10_11-05-45.jpg

Any status selected, I can see the tickets...

2018-04-10_11-06-04.jpg

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2020

Hi all,

Why can't the customer portal area show a column for Created or Updated. 

I feel really sorry for our customers who are relying on this information on their tickets.

Mike

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events