It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Customer Portal only displays tickets when "Any Status" is selected and I can't set that as default

When our outside users (customers) go to the Customer Portal and view "My Requests" or "All Requests", the Status field defaults to "Open requests" which displays no tickets. "Closed requests" also displays no tickets. The user has to switch to "Any Status" to see their tickets.

1. How can I update the portal so that "Open" and "Closed" tickets are displayed?

2. How can I update the portal to have the status default to "Any Status"?

Thanks,

Aaron

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin Community Leader Apr 05, 2018

Hi Aaron.

This is very odd. First off, for a ticket to be displayed on the portal at all it should have its 'customer request type' field filled, so you might wanna double check your issues.

As for 'Opened' and 'Closed' tickets, it's rather simple. A ticket is considered 'Opened' if it has no resolution set. If it does have a resolution set, then it'll be displayed in the 'Closed' section.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks for following up Ivan! I do have the request types populated and there are no resolutions set. The tickets only show up when I select "Any status".

Also...I just created a new ticket which also does not show up under Requests unless I have "Any status" selected.

Ivan Tovbin Community Leader Apr 10, 2018

Could you post some screenshots of this behaviour? Perhaps I'm missing something here.

In Requests, with Open requests selected, no tickets are displayed...

2018-04-10_11-05-24.jpg

Closed requests selected, no tickets displayed...

2018-04-10_11-05-45.jpg

Any status selected, I can see the tickets...

2018-04-10_11-06-04.jpg

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

270 views 0 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you