Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Portal Search not working as it should

Catherine Aldrich August 10, 2018

We are working with Jira Service Desk Server version.  In the Customer Portal,, I can search ONLY for requests that were created by me, even when I have the "Created by anyone" selected in the search criteria.  What am I missing in the setup to allow users to search for requests created by anyone?

And before I get another "ding" from someone telling me to search the forum, I DID search the forum and did not find the answer.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2018

@Catherine Aldrich, I'm using cloud and things are certainly different between the two solutions. That being said, as I understand it the only issues an individual will be able to see via the portal are those that have actually been shared w/ them, i.e. they are Participants. Certainly this is my experience. Early on I had expected/hoped that if I set up Organizations, which I have, then everyone in that organization would be able to find the issues reported by all others in the same org within the portal. This, unfortunately does not appear to be the case. If there is a way to make this work I would be keenly interested in it as well.

1 vote
Catherine Aldrich August 13, 2018

We are on Server, version 3.14.1, and I have been able to get the search by organizations working.  I first created an organization and made a few users members of the organization., including myself. For existing requests, I added the organization under the request's "People" section.  For new requests, if a user is already part of ONE organization, the requests are by default shared with that organization (but it can be changed).  If they are part of more than one organization, the default is private, but can be changed.  I can search by the organization and see all requests that have that organization assigned  that fit the other criteria.  I like the fact that agents can remove the organization as a participant on a request.  If we deem a request inappropriate for sharing for some reason, we can remove the organization. We are still working on our procedures for setting up organizations and adding users to them. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2018

Excellent work and summary @Catherine Aldrich

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events