Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Organization default notification

vikasaqua15 August 24, 2017

I have launched Service Desk in my company starting last week. I have created customers and grouped them by organizations depending on their Teams.

Now my customers are complaining that they dont get email notifications for the issues reported by other members of their team. They only get the Issue Created notification and nothing after that. No Comment added or Resolved emails. 

They are reluctant to go to portal and click on "Get Notification" to receive further alerts. 

Bottom Line: I want to automatically set the entire organization of the reporter to receive all the updates in a ticket like Comment Added, Issue Resolved etc., How can achieve this? I tried customer notification customer involved, Automation, Issue notification scheme but in vain.

Secondly, If I add Organization to a ticket under people section, would they receive these notification or no?

Prompt response shall be highly appreciated as my customers are getting impatient.

2 answers

1 vote
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2017

Hi Vikas,

I do not believe that this is possible.   Please vote for JSDSERVER-4570.

I too have had the same challenge.  I think there should be a third option in the comment,etc notifications "Entire Organization".

Susan

vikasaqua15 August 27, 2017

Susan,

Under Administration --> Issues --> Notification --> Edit Notification there is an option to use the custom field value to send notifications.

Is it possible to populate a custom field with the Organization Value and use it? I am not sure how to do this and thats why I am asking here.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2017

The organization field is not an easy field and remember it can be multiple organizations making it even more tricky. 

The notifications you are referring to are intended for internal JIRA users such as agents, internal watchers.

I would recommend to turn on the notifcation on the customer notifications "Organizations Added".  That will notify initially of the created issue to the entire organization.  After that the individuals can opt in to "Get notifications".

Hope that helps

vikasaqua15 August 28, 2017

Thanks Susan, 

Notification for Org Added is already enabled and the initial email goes by default. But the problem comes later on when they dont see any progressive notes / status over the email.

One more thing:

Can I put a link to "Get Notification" on the initial email. Something similar to "Turn Off Notification"

I can convince them to click on this atleast. :)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2017

@vikasaqua15, there isn't a way to do extend the 'watch' link into the notification. I would recommend adding text directing them to either go to the portal or simply respond to the email. Responding to the email will add them.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2017

Can you verify that "Organization added" is enabled in Customer Permissions?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 24, 2017

Also Customer visible status change enabled

vikasaqua15 August 27, 2017

Jack,

Where to check these permissions and how to enable them? I checked under Project Settings -> Customer permissions, I dont see anything like this.

I also checked Permissions under Administration but couldn't find any there as well.

Paul Tandy March 12, 2018

Hi Vikas, 

I have exactly the same issue, my customer organisations, dont receive notifications for comments added & status updates.

Did you manage to resolve this bug and how?

Thanks

Paul 

Joshua Keele January 5, 2021

It is 2021 and I am having this same issue. Seems ridiculous that there isn't an option to change this. It defaults to notifications off, how hard would it be to have it default to notifications on???

Romana Šetková March 3, 2022

It is 2022 and I am having this same issue. I agree to setting default to notifications for organizations ON.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events