Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Notifications for Issues Created by Admins in Service Desk

Julio Ochoa January 13, 2015

We currently have a service desk for a project.

There are a few issues there that were created by admins or full JIRA users. We now want to be able to add customers to those issues so they get notified of progress.

I assigned the respective customers as issue reporters, but the customer is not getting any notifications. They also can't see the issues in the customer portal. So obviously within the context of a service desk, JIRA seems to give rights to issue notifications ONLY when the customer initiates the ticket.

So how can I, within the context of a service desk, add a customer-like user (i.e. I don't want them to be full users because they'll take up licenses) that will receive notifications on issues?

3 answers

1 vote
Lindsay Barton January 13, 2015

When you create new issues on behalf of your customers, it is best to do it from within the customer portal; from an individual request form, you can select to raise the request on behalf of someone else.

For issues that are already created, however, you can change the request type; once that is set, the issue will act like a Service Desk issue that was created right in the customer portal.

0 votes
Julio Ochoa January 13, 2015

Ok. Request type shows empty. I can change it to a request type.

Would this make it possible for notifications to start going to customers?

I found another topic which addresses my question, but it implies recreating all existing issues

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11460806/create-ticket-on-behalf-a-customer

0 votes
Lindsay Barton January 13, 2015

In order for a customer to see an issue in the customer portal, there needs to be a Request Type associated with the request. If you look at a particular issue, underneath People on the right, you should see Service Desk request. Can you change the Request Type there?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events