Custom field using JIRA tool kit Plug-in.

Jaime Ramirez September 22, 2015

I need to restrict the Due Date field entry to only accept today's and future date. I already installed the plug-in but I do not see it when creating a custom field.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2015

The Toolkit doesn't do fields like that.  What function are you actually looking for here?  (As I don't understand why you've gone for the toolkit)

Jaime Ramirez September 24, 2015

I posted a question last week, in which I was asking if there was a way to restrict a Pick Date field, like the standard Due Date field, and be able to restrict it to only pick today's and future dates, but not past. Somebody answer my question and recommended to use the JIRA Took Kit Plug-in. But since I installed it, I have not been able to modify the Due date field, or create a new custom field with the functionality mentioned. If you know other way I will appreciate if you can guide me.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2015

Mmm, I think they misunderstood your question, and then went on to pick the wrong addon! I read your question as "when the user clicks on the due date, I want to limit their options to today and onward, so they can't select dates in the past". That's something you'd need to implement actually in the date picker and field, and simply hasn't been coded for. You might be able to do it with javascript (ugh), or the behaviours part of the script-runner addon (but I've not tried, so don't quote me!) The first problem with the answer you got before is that they've described using validators to constrain it - that happens AFTER the user commits their change. So it's not something that matches my reading of your question. The second problem is that the JIRA Toolkit doesn't give you the validators you need. I suspect the poster was thinking of The JIRA Suite Utilities, which does give you date validators. If you're happy trying it with validators, try the JSU instead (although, I'd still keep the toolkit, there's some other handy stuff in there you'll probably end up liking! I always install both)

Jaime Ramirez September 25, 2015

Hello Nic, I installed the JSU, but when I go and try to create a custom field, I do not see the extra customs fields installed with the plug-in. Actually I do not see any of the Plug-in custom fields installed. Is there anything you think I am missing. By the way, I am running a 30 day trial version, which I do not know if this affect the functionality. I will be moving to a production soon, but I want to be able to test everything before.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2015

Er, we're not talking about custom fields, it's validators that matter here.

Jaime Ramirez September 28, 2015

Hello Nic, since I am new to JIRA is kind of confusing where to setup the validators. I have been looking through the documentation but, I cannot find how to apply them. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Jaime

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events