Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field (type: User Picker (single user)) doesn't allow for searching when logged in as a regular user

Mark Braspenning May 1, 2014

I have created a custom field of the type User Picker (single user). When I create a new issue with this field in the issue creation screen, I get the option to search for users awhen logged in as admin. When I log in as user I just get a text edit field, which makes it a lot harder to enter the correct user as I need to know the exact login name, instead of the real name.

The browser used as admin and as user is Chrome 21.0.1180.83. I don't see any error messages in the console.

Anyone got an idea how to enable the search option in this custom field for our regular users?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2014

I suspect your users do not have "browse users" permission.

Go into Admin -> Global permissions and look for the browse users permission - you probably need to add "jira users" to it.

Mark Braspenning May 1, 2014

Thanks, that did the trick!

0 votes
ahmed.i July 10, 2019

what is the effect of changing role from : Other customers in their organization. This option only allows them to search for customers in their organization. to : Any customer or organization, by searching this project. This option allows them to search all customers in the current project.

as i am facing the same issue, and i already have this setting running on production and i dont want to mess up any thing on any other issue type.

0 votes
Fabienne Jullier May 5, 2017

Hi Guys, I've got the same problem.. is there any solution for this?

Dryen Galvao May 4, 2018

Hi,

I found in the Project settings - > Customer permissions the role Who can customers share requests with? , so I choosed the option Any customer or organization, by searching in this project and the custom field becamed enabled to search users by any customer .

Like Laura Paczesny likes this
Laura Paczesny February 7, 2019

Worked Great !! 

Thanks for the information.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events