Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field based on the type "Date Picker" doesn't function in Jira Servicedesk OnDemand

Mark Braspenning April 24, 2014

I have created a Custom field of the type "Date Picker" when I click it when creating a new ticket in our OnDemand Jira Servicedesk project. No calender pops up, nor can I type a date.

When I click on the calender icon I only see a border appearing.

Am I forgetting something when configuring the custom field?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Braspenning April 30, 2014

Somehow this is working now.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2014

I recently ran across a bug in downloaded version when the date picker wasn't working for anonymous users. Is that the case here? Is the user logged in?

0 votes

The user experiencing the issue is also admin, and also tried it with someone who got user access.

Browser is Google Chrome 21.0.1180.83 or Internet Explorer 8 (but as answered in my other question, thatbrowser isn't supported anymore)

The console gives the following message:

AJS.contextPath() is not here. Please use require("servicedesk/util/context-path") batch.js:40
Calendar.setup: Nothing to setup (no fields found). Please check your code batch.js:40

That will probably be the reason. Any idea on how to solve this?

A sidenote.

When accessing the issue directly, without the servicedesk customer portal interface, and I edit an issue; the date picker does work, but it also looks different. e.g. de calender icon is positioned on the right of the date field, instead of the left side

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2014

What browser (and version) are you using ? Do you see any JabaScript errors in the browser console ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events