Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Custom Parent Link field Behavior Issue on Portal Form

I created a custom "Parent Link" field in my Jira Service Desk Project and linked it to my service request type.  When I use the "+" in Jira to create an issue, the field has the behavior I want.  User must enter a valid Jira number and can set the relationship.  When I add this custom field to my portal form it requires that I set both the number and relationship in the hidden section of the form.  That won't work for me because the number must be enterable by the user (as a reference to another service request previously entered).  Is there any way to have a field on the portal form that can reference a valid jira number and allow the user to enter the number.  I'd like something out of the box in terms of validating the jira number.  I don't want to have to do fancy post form submitter validation if I don't have to.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Amy,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!
The custom field "Parent link" is from Portfolio, that's why it's not possible to show the field for customers because this add-on is for Jira Software and not Service Desk.
The only feature request I found that is similar to Parent issue is the one suggesting the implementation of the ability to view linked issues in the Portal:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-4636
For now, they can add the issue number on a text custom field but they won't be able to select and add a clickable link.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to At...

2,174 views 15 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you