Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Fields based on Customer Organisation

lethalMango January 23, 2018

I am currently looking at implementing JSD Server for a support desk who are part of a service provider organisation.

What they currently have is all relevant Customer Information displayed on the ticket view such as server IP addresses, usernames, passwords, RDP file downloads etc.

The Customer Information would be based on a Organisation the user belongs to rather than the user reporting the issue.

Is this possible in JSD as I don't seem to be able to add fields based on Organisations?

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2018

If I understood your requirement correctly you want to populate a custom field or multiple custom fields within an issue based on the Organization the reporter belongs to?

If this is the case then this can be easily achieved using standard JSD automation. While not the most convinient thing to create and maintain, it'll work.

On the other hand if you happen to have Scriptrunner addon, then I'd write a scipt that would populate you issue fields with data taken from an external source like a file or files. Those are much easier to maintain than multiple automation rules.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events