Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Event is firing but no e-mail received.

Ronald Spina January 10, 2018

Dear all,

This is to notify the agents that an issue awaiting approval has been approved.

I have trying to find a solution to this problem for quite a long time but I cannot get this work.  I have created a Custom Event (added the recipients), linked the Custom Event to the Default Notification Scheme (this is the only one I'm using), added a post transition function linked it to the Custom Event.  After all this I have used the notification helper and got the below result.  For me everything is working fine but I'm not receiving an email upon this transition.

I also disabled the do not notify changes made by myself in my profile.

Help is greatly appreciated since I need to put Jira helpdesk in production very soon.

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2018

Hi Ronald,

Who are the recipients for notification of the approval?  If they are not users in the actual Jira project they won't get notification. 

Cheers,

Susan

Ronald Spina January 10, 2018

Hi Susan,

The recipients are the agents themselves so i guess they are obviously users of the project. The reason i want this to work is that i want the agents to be notified by email when an issue has been approved so they can act immediately. This will avoid the agents having to login to check if the issue has been approved.  Note that. Issue created and issue closed notifications are working as intended.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2018

Hi,

I'm a bit stumped.  The picture looks like it's working.  Wondering if your workflow post event is not working or set up correctly?  Do you have a picture of the workflow config. 

NBG IT Malta January 11, 2018

Hi Susan, Below are the pictures for my configuration.  I am using the already pre-configured Service Request Fulfilment with Approvals workflow and the Defualt Notification Scheme.

2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2018

@Nic, Do you think you could take a look.  I"m stumped...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2018

correcting the @mention here for @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- to ensure he sees the request.

NBG IT Malta January 11, 2018

Hi Susan,

I do not know if I have solved the issue, but I now changed the approver to be a different user (a third person) since before the approver was an agent. Now I changed it to be a customer and when the status changes from 'Waiting for approval' to 'waiting for support' I am recieving this email.  However I'm not sure if this generated from the system update event or the issue approved custom event I have created.  How can I check the event that send this e-mail?

1.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2018

to test where it is coming from disable your post function and see. I'm suspecting it is the standard system event.

Previously was the approver the same person that was to receive the notification and now that is not the case. It sure seems like it would be related to 'self-notification' issue even though I see you covered your basis there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events