Cross contract prioritization

mdgrkb November 29, 2014

Hi, everybody.

Would like to know if JIRA Service Desk provides a way to prioritize tickets based on global contract SLA.  I mean say there's two customers each with a different contract terms. Customer A contract states 80% of tickets should be resolved within 16 hours. Customer B contract states 70% of tickets should be resolved within 8 hours.

Tickets for both contracts are served by the same staff.

Say so far 90% of Customer A tickets have been resolved fulfulling the SLA, but for Customer B only 60% of tickets so far have been resolved fulfilling SLA.  So I can afford Customer A tickets not to fulfill SLA as long as ratio doesn't fall below 80%. That way I can prioritize Customer B tickets and hopefully achive 70% or higher fulfillment.

Furthermore we might factor in the penalty stated by each contract to determine ticket prioritization in order to minimize or eventually eliminate penalty.

Hope you can comment on this.

Thank you all.

2 answers

0 votes
mdgrkb November 30, 2014

Hi, Francis.

Thank you very much for your reply, and I'm glad my question raised your interest.

I hope Atlassian will take this as a feature request.

SLA at ticket level is the basis, but for ITSM as a business, a broader analisys is required and I believe can become a key differentiator.

Best regards

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 29, 2014

That's an interesting one.  SLA calculation is only done at issue level so you should have a way to calculate the customer fulfillment rate for each issue.

A way to implement such calculation is adding a scripted jql function 
https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+JQL+Functions#ScriptedJQLFunctions-Writingyourownfunctions

The function could return this value (by looking at the outstanding customer issues and return the time left before the SLA for that customer is broken).

Would require some caching algorithm as it might be a performance issue if not done right.

Francis

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events