Creting multiple issues by mail

Matjaz-SIPO September 8, 2015

When I forward mail to service desk (address provided for that), Service Desk automatically creates two identical issues. Is this problem with mail server configuration (see picture for mail handler configuration) or some setting in JIRA.

image2015-9-8 16:21:49.png

4 answers

0 votes
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2015

OK, thanks. We have got duplicated service desk issues only sometimes. And no common mailbox. So I'll have to investigate elsewhere.

0 votes
Matjaz-SIPO September 23, 2015

I think I found where the problem is. We have common address for service desk and JIRA. Both have mail handlers (apparently) and they both handle incoming mail. So in most cases issue is duplicated, however, sometimes that is not the case and issue is not duplicated (I presume because one handler marked mail read, before other handler read the mail). I tried with mail handler in Service desk off, it worked, however I haven't tested other scenarios (like responding to customer,...) with this handler turned off. Final solution will probably consist with two different mail addresses for JIRA and Service Desk. Matjaz

0 votes
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2015

Did you find any solution for this, Matjaz? Cheers, Kirstin

0 votes
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2015

Hello,

JIRA Service Desk uses mail channels to create issues from e-mail, instead of the JIRA mail handlers. Thus, I recommend you to double check the configuration there (as per this document) and then try again.

-- Arthur Gonçalves

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events