cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating issues from Confluence Cloud - Missing links

Juan Du Toit February 26, 2020

Hi,

I created issues from a table in a Confluence page and linked it to an Epic

The issues get created (as I viewed it in Jira), but the links in the page to the Jira issues is missing.  The Jira issue itself is also not referencing the Confluence page.

I know this work in Server.  

Is this a bug or missing functionality?

Regards,

Juan

2 answers

0 votes
Olaf Egbers May 11, 2020

This seems to be a bigger problem. I've found out some problems that might be related to this issue:

At the time of this comment:

- product requirements blueprint doesn't work. When I click on it, the page stays empty.

- when I create a project with a predesigned "Product requirements" page and I click on "Create product requirement", the page stays empty.

- when I create multiple Jira user stories out of Confluence table, the table doesn't add a link for each user story (when I only create 1 user story, it works)

- when I create Jira user stories out of Confluence the checkbox with "Link to Epic" text is missing.

Regards,

Olaf

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2020

Hello @Juan Du Toit

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I believe that the issues you created under your Confluence table are not appearing in the Jira Links drop-down at the top of the page and the Confluence page is not appearing as linked in the issue view. Is that correct?

As you can see in the official documentation that describes the details about the links between Confluence and Jira, the issues created in Confluence table are not automatically linked to the page it was created in both Confluence Server and Cloud:

The number on the Jira Links button indicates the total number of issues, epics, and sprints connected to that page, regardless of whether you have permission to view them. The dropdown, however, will only show details of issues, epics, and sprints that you have Jira permissions to view.

The button doesn't detect links from issues displayed in the Jira Issues macro in table format.

You can check more information on why it works this way in the comment added by Edith Tom in the related feature request to change this behavior:

Adding more than one issue to the JIRA Issues macro on Confluence does not create the reciprocal "mentioned in" issue link on JIRA 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events