Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating comments from a customer via the service desk REST

Nick Webb June 21, 2017

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to implement the JIRA service desk into our site so that our customers can create service requests, which is all working fine, e.g. I create the customer, create the request, view the request details, comments etc.

We wanted to keep the customer on our website the whole time but I'm having trouble creating comments from the customer via the API, the create comment endpoint only seems to accept the body and whether post is public. as parameters.

Am I right in assuming that the only way to do this would be to send the API request from the customer user? instead of the generic API user I'm using currently?

Kind Regards,

Nick

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2017

Hi Nick,

I checked and this is currently not possible.  You can’t change the date the comment is added, or the author, it is always the datetime the call is made and the user that you are authenticated with.

There is a JAC ticket you can find relating to this at JRASERVER-35124.  Please vote on the issue an add your use case for our developers to add impact.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events