Creating an issue in JIRA Core from JIRA Service Desk

Peter Hicks January 4, 2018

I'm using JIRA Core 7.6.2 with JIRA Service Desk 3.9.2.

Users contact our Service Desk by email, and currently we manually create a linked issue with internal actions for an issue from the More > Create linked issue function.

There are some tickets, such as renaming a data element, where it takes seconds to make the change but a minute or more to manually create the new issue.

I'd like to speed up the process by having a workflow where our Service Desk can click a button and create an issue in a specific project which "is reported by" this issue.

Is this actually possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Hicks January 5, 2018

Thank you, that looks like the perfect tool for the job, and the licence fee is very reasonable too.

I'll check it out and get back to you.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018

Hello,

It is not possible out of the box. You would need an add-on for it. For example, you could use Power Scripts add-on. You could create a post-function for the create issue transaction or your custom transaction which would create a new issue and copied all required information. You can get more info about Power Scripts add-on here:

https://confluence.cprime.io/display/JJUPIN

If you need assistance with such a post-function I can help you. You would need to give more details on what you want to copy to the new issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events