Create requests to Service Desk -> Switch to Issues for dev

Hello,

I'm a new user of Jira Service Desk and we're currently testing this product in order to replace Redmine and OTRS, and buy Jira.

I need some help about the Service Desk. I set the mail handler for creating issues in a new Service Desk project named "HelpDesk".

I want that someone from the support team:

1. Checks the project HelpDesk when we receive requests from mails.
  2. Assigns the ticket to a Dev
  3. Switches or maps that request to a Dev issue.
  4. Sets it as resolved after
  5. Switches again to HelpDesk
  6. Support team checks if it's really resolved
  7. Send a mail to the client saying that's resolved.
  8. Close the request

The client should not see all the issue/request updates. I saw in the HelpDesk, we can reply to the client but nothing happen even if my SMTP server is working.

Is there a way to do that ?

Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks for the reply, I'll check it

Hello,

Furthermore, is it possible to send notification such as an email with the attachment into the mail to customers when an attachment is joined to the request ?

Thanks

I dont think the default mail handlers will include attachments. JEMH (an extension mail handler for JIRA) does have ability to include attachments in outbound notifications, but its not free. I wuold think you need to get the core of your setup running before considering that.

Sounds like you need to log a support issue with Atlassian, this forum is mostly full of users and developers. You'll get opinions here, rather than Atlassian support.

Thanks Andy ! I'll post an issue asap.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

9,586 views 9 28
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you