Create requests to Service Desk -> Switch to Issues for dev

Obyis Obyis April 14, 2014

Hello,

I'm a new user of Jira Service Desk and we're currently testing this product in order to replace Redmine and OTRS, and buy Jira.

I need some help about the Service Desk. I set the mail handler for creating issues in a new Service Desk project named "HelpDesk".

I want that someone from the support team:

1. Checks the project HelpDesk when we receive requests from mails.
  2. Assigns the ticket to a Dev
  3. Switches or maps that request to a Dev issue.
  4. Sets it as resolved after
  5. Switches again to HelpDesk
  6. Support team checks if it's really resolved
  7. Send a mail to the client saying that's resolved.
  8. Close the request

The client should not see all the issue/request updates. I saw in the HelpDesk, we can reply to the client but nothing happen even if my SMTP server is working.

Is there a way to do that ?

Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Obyis Obyis April 15, 2014

Thanks for the reply, I'll check it

0 votes
Obyis Obyis April 15, 2014

Thanks Andy ! I'll post an issue asap.

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2014

Sounds like you need to log a support issue with Atlassian, this forum is mostly full of users and developers. You'll get opinions here, rather than Atlassian support.

0 votes
Obyis Obyis April 14, 2014

Hello,

Furthermore, is it possible to send notification such as an email with the attachment into the mail to customers when an attachment is joined to the request ?

Thanks

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2014

I dont think the default mail handlers will include attachments. JEMH (an extension mail handler for JIRA) does have ability to include attachments in outbound notifications, but its not free. I wuold think you need to get the core of your setup running before considering that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events