Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create multiple service desk projects with different knowledge base (Confluence) access

Firas Amer July 22, 2019

The use case is - customers are using one service desk project and partners another one, and via the knowledge base (Confluence page) I would like to provide different type of documentation for them.

I would like to make sure that STRICTLY WITHIN THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT PORTAL Customer A added as customer in service desk project A will be able to access ONLY Confluence space A and Partner Customer B added as customer to service desk project B will be able to access Confluence space B (If he could access also confluence space A that would be awesome - but as far as I know only one Confluence space can be added to a service desk project)

Is this possible? Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2019

Hi @Firas Amer 

The relationship is one confluence space per JSD project, so this should function as you expect. For each JSD project, link to the relevant Confluence space for that project. 

Is this not what you’re seeing?

CCM

Stefan Post September 20, 2022

I have a similar issue. However the solution des not work. If a confluence space A is linked to one JSD project A and customer from this project A are allowed to read the confluence pages they are allowed to ready any other linked confluence space to any other JSD projects. 

If I link space A to JSD project A and space B to JSD B customer from JSD A (which are no customer in JSD project B) are still able to see space B if they just enter https://XXXXXX.atlassian.net/wiki/.

How can this be avoided without the need to assign a confluence license to every customer?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events