Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create issue in two projects with service desk?

rich johnson August 18, 2017

We have Jira Service Desk installed on our on-site Jira server.  Throughout our organization we have several different departments using service desk individually.  Our IT team has a Service Desk project, our Engineering Services team has their own project, and our Business Systems team also has their own service desk project.  Each project has its own email address that it pulls tickets from.  In other words, when someone wants to get IT help they send an email to IT's helpdesk email address.  Likewise for the other departments.

In our case, when IT gets a ticket dealing with Employee Termination, Business Systems would also like to receive this ticket as they have many systems that they should go through and disable the terminated employee's user account on.  Up till now, IT has been moving the ticket to the BS project when they compelete their steps.  I would like a way to create a ticket for both departments at the same time so they can both process in parallel. 

I have tried the "Email this issue" plugin which uses a post function to send an email to the BS project when subject = EmployeeTermination, but JIRA rejects the email with error, "The message was rejected because it was sent from JIRA".  How can I do this?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events