cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a queue that only shows a specific customer request type

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2015

Hi

Does anyone know how to create a queue that only shows a specific customer request type in JIRA Service Desk 2.0?

I can create one to show only specific issue types, but I am reusing one issue type for multiple customer request types. I want a queue for each request type. For example I am reusing IT Help for 2 different customer request types.

When defining the criteria for the queue it doesn't appear to allow me to choose customer request type as one of the defining fields.

Thanks

Chris

3 answers

1 vote
January 13, 2015

Another way is to implement a custom field named, for example, «ServiceDesk Queue». IMHO this solution is more flexible and doesn't conflict with the standard usage of labels that can be reasonably disclosed to the customer.

1 vote
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2015

I think I figured this out.

The trick is to use the label field.

Edit the Request Type fields.

Add the Label field type to the request type.

Click Hide.

Set a value for the label for that particular request type.

Then when configuring your queue JQL you can test the label to see what type of request it is.

Thanks

Chris

Mathias Edblom January 11, 2015

Hm, but what if you change the request type for an issue in service desk?

0 votes
Mathias Edblom January 11, 2015

I have the same question! The custom field "Customer Request Type" should be the one to query, but there are no autocomplete feature to query values, so what is the value to put in?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events