Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a linked issue to jira with status change and automation

Nadine Racine November 6, 2017

We have a status which is called "Issue created in Jira". We know that we can create linked issues with the three dots in the right corner. After creating the issue we need to push the button "Issue created in Jira". 

Is there a way to create an issue after we pushed the button "Issue created in Jira" like with an automation rule? That we don't have to create an issue using the three dots.

This would really help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017

There is not yet a native automation rule for Jira Service Desk that covers this, please watch and vote for the following related issues to raise Atlassian's awareness of this scenario:

That being said, you may be able to already achieve this by foregoing the native Jira Service Desk automation engine in favor of a third party app, with the most obvious candidate being Automation for Jira (note that there is also a free Automation Lite for Jira Cloud version that may be sufficient if your won't execute more than 300 rules per month) - see e.g. Can I link issues with Automation for JIRA when I create a new issue? for a related scenario.

Nadine Racine November 7, 2017

Thanks for your answer. Automation Lite for Jira would be perfect, but this app is just for server.

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

@Nadine Racine - I only just now noticed you response and that I messed up my answer here, sorry about that: Other than many apps, 'Automation Lite for Jira' has a separate Marketplace listing for the Cloud version, and I accidentally linked the Server version instead (now corrected). I hope you have found it yourself meanwhile, otherwise this correction might hopefully still help with your use case.

Nadine Racine November 14, 2017

@Steffen Opel _Utoolity_

Thanks again. Maybe you can answer me one more question.

Can I decide which automation rule will be executed from the JSD automation or the Automation Lite for JIRA Cloud?

So, that I would just let the status change automation executed by the app and the other automations from the JSD.

Is this possible?

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

@Nadine Racine -Yes, JSD automation and Automation (Lite) for Jira are using two entirely separate automation rule engines behind the scenes, so conceptually you can mix and match them as you please.

Of course, you need to avoid interfering with yourself by creating loops (rules in both engines triggering each other), but whether this might be an issue depends on your specific use case, and the scenario at hand seems to be fine at first sight.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events