Create a feature request portal where logged in users can see all issues

Melanie Whyte August 3, 2020

Hi,

I am essentially trying to create a version of Atlassians own feature suggestion portal. 

We have a number of service desk portals already. I have created a new one which I want to give all our portal users access to so that they can create, view and comment on feature suggestions raised by themselves and others.

We dont want the portal to be fully public as we will get spammed, so it needs to be accessible only by the portal users. 

I am having a few problems and wondering if someone can help me:

System info: we use Jira cloud

1) I can not see in the permissions of the board how it is possible to give all the users access to tickets that they have not raised.

2) The only work around I can see is adding them all to one organisation.. however I still cant see a way for them to see the actual board or queues of tickets

3) when logging in as a portal user. dont seem to have the ability to vote? is that feature only usable by full users?

Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks, melanie

1 answer

0 votes
Boyan Angelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2020

Hi,

Regarding showing to users all tickets raised by anyone, there is no such option out of the box unless you put them in one organization. One way to do it is to use an app like ours - Advanced Portal Reports - where you can enable for a certain Service Desk project for your feature requests the check box option to allow users to see other users requests. It's a workaround, but the only one I can think of.

Cheers,

Boyan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events