Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create JIRA Service Desk request without creating an account?

NathanG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2014

I currently have about 50 "customers" that I support via email on a personal project (volunteer work for church).

I'm thinking about getting JIRA Service Desk but I wanted to know if each of my "customers" has to create an account before they can submit a request.  Is there an easy, automatically-create-an-account-the-first-time-a-request-is-created feature?

Thanks~!

1 answer

0 votes
Judd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2014

Hi Nathan,

Each 'Customer' will need an account but there are a few easy ways to set these up:

• You can set your service desk to allow 'Customers' to sign up. Screen Shot 2014-09-11 at 5.08.27 pm.png
    This would allow:
    • People to sign up via your Customer Portal
    • People to email in a request and have their account automatically created
  • You can also drop people's email addresses into the customer invite box and this will automatically email them an invite to your Customer Portal and allow them to choose a password on first visit.Screen Shot 2014-09-11 at 5.07.28 pm.png

Judd

Designer, JIRA Service Desk

joapa September 11, 2014

Are there plans to open that up at some point?

Judd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2014

Hi Jonathan, I'm not quite sure which bit you're referring to. Open up the Portal?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events