Create JIRA Service Desk Only Users

NC August 30, 2017

I am trying to create users that can only view and use our service desk project however i am cuming up with repeated issues, 1 would think this would be a simple process but it does not appear so having jumped though many permission scheme hoops i am still stuck.

Please Help

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2017

@NC, the question isn't exactly clear. Let me start with a few basic user terms for JSD.

Agents - these are users you pay for and have full 'execute' access. they are assigned issues and work them to closure

Collaborators - if you use JSW or Core and have users in those applications then you can make the Collaborators which means they can create internal comments, access and review JSD issues. They cannot be assigned issues and cannot transition or comment publically.

Customer - free JSD users that can access the portal to open, comment, transition (limited) and view issues that they created. If configured, they can also view issues open by others in their Organization.

So when you say "only view and use" this would either be a Collaborator or a Customer.

I highly recommend perusing Atlassian's documentation.

If you have further specific questions please let the Community know.

NC August 30, 2017

Hi @Jack Brickey my question relets to Agents in that i want them to only have asses to the service desk project. I have read the atlassion documentation but this is of minimal help

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2017

Ok so are saying you don't want them to have access to JSW or other applications? If that is the case then just go to User Management enter the agents name and remove access to JSW, Confluence, etc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events